My Gypsy Blood

I seem to have been born a gypsy. When I was young, we often lived in very small spaces. Sometimes at night after the lights were out Mom and I would coax Dad into singing a certain song. It went something like this - "Oh, I was born the next of kin, the next of kin, to the wayward wind." I think that is the true story of my life. I've never been happy in one place for very long. I can't wait to move on to the next great place. Tonight Joe and I looked around on TV for a movie to watch together. We had a choice between The Bourne Supremacy and Under the Tuscan Sun. We went with Bourne and it was enjoyable. But both had an immediate encore presentation, so we switched over to Tuscan Sun next. Joe couldn't keep his eyes open long enough to watch that chick flick through to the very end. But it's one of my favorites and all it kept making me think is, Wouldn't it be great to have a new Italian experience? But, of course, I'd settle for a Floridian experience or a San Franciscan experience or myriad other experiences. I wonder if my wonderful Joe, who was born and raised in Arizona and has never lived anywhere else, knows exactly what he has gotten himself into.

I keep trying to convince myself that I should be learning to be content in every situation, but I also feel that I was created this way for a purpose. What that purpose might be - who can say? Maybe it is simply to teach me the true meaning of learning to be content in all circumstances...but maybe not.

1 comments:

My home is always open! We'd love to have you come visit us anytime! :-)
Tammy

Post a Comment