Reorganizing Priorities

Recently I had fallen into a routine around here that included spending most of the day on the computer rather than with my beautiful little girl. She was spending a lot of her time in front of the ultimate electronic babysitter the television. Ugh...

Quite a few events of the last few days have brought home the point that this could not go on. We have to have time together. No more day-long facebook marathons. No more repeated Google searches on inane subjects. The priority around here for all of us will be to spend much more time together as a family. Joe and I need "us" time, Nicole and I need our time together and Joe and Nicole need their daddy-daughter time. Starting today Nicole's TV time is restricted and our together time was greatly increased. What better way could there be to spend my time than with this gorgeous and darling little beauty who has so much to teach me still?

I am so thankful that our gracious God brought this point home to me in so many powerful ways the last few days. I pray that I will not lose sight of it any time soon!

0 comments:

Post a Comment